"Solid Edge 2024 helps us work smarter and be more productive. Incorporating AI into our design processes will cut down time spent on tedious tasks, letting us do more of the fun stuff".
David Iverson, Aerial
Instantly, securely and easily collaborate with colleagues, partners and customers with Siemens’ next-generation, cloud-based collaboration solution
Introducing Solid Edge 2024
Get a close-up look at what’s new in this year’s release.
Solid Edge 3D design usability enhancements
Additional usability enhancements to Solid Edge 3D design include:
Predefines relationships in the part environment for consumption in the assembly environment, allowing users to intelligently assemble commonly used parts faster and with less effort.
Subdivision bridge allows for the easy creation of different types of bridges. Offset is useful for dividing faces without the need for extensive cage splitting. Align to curve moves cage vertices to match existing shapes or to design new shapes using hand-drawn curves. Lift support for laminar edges creates new faces when laminar edges are lifted.
No more building gussets by hand. Create gusset plates as internal components on both assembly components and frames.
Visual indication for out-of-date FOA members.
Faster creation of these systems as a single relationship.
Adds additional predefined curves; provides dynamic preview of curve as equations and parameters change.
Decals may be passed to KeyShot for rendering.
Additional 2D drafting and design enhancements include:
- Watermarks on draft – easily add and manage watermarks in your drawings
- Property text in tables
- Dimensions to virtual intersections
- Open model from parts list – works for parts list and family of assemblies parts list
- Family of assemblies draft table
- Coordinate dimension support for 2D translator – provides import and export of .dwg and .dxf files
- Multi-core drawing view update for section views, auxiliary views – quickly update large drawings that contain principal as well as derived drawing views
Contact us today to learn more about Solid Edge 2024